Course length: Approximately 30 minutes
This course covers the development of U.S. mortgage lending through the twentieth century to the present at an introductory level. It explains how mortgage-related federal agencies shaped its present-day environment and led to the development of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB). The course describes the purpose and details the functions of the CFPB and explains where to locate CFBP publications and resources.
Course objectives include:
• Summarize the evolution of the mortgage industry from the 1920s to the present
• Explain how the creation of mortgage-related federal agencies changed the mortgage lending environment
• Describe the origin of the CFPB
• Explain the functions of the CFPB
• Locate various CFBP publications and resources
More detailed course information is available at: https://www.icemortgagetechnology.com/education/courses/introducing-the-cfpb-dodd-frank
Last Updated 11/2018.
Visa, MasterCard, and American Express