Course length: Approximately 30 minutes
This course will cover the basics of reporting and investigation requirements imposed upon furnishers of credit report information under the Fair Credit Reporting Act. Course graduates will be able to recognize and explain FCRA requirements and identify common legal pitfalls of not meeting those requirements.
Course objectives include:
• Explain the purpose of the Fair Credit Reporting Act
• Explain the factors that influence a credit score
• Recognize the major credit reporting agencies and the characteristics of their reports
• Recognize the duties that businesses have toward consumers and their credit information
• Apply FCRA to specific transactions in the mortgage industry
More detailed course information is available at: http://elliemae.com/education/courses/analyzing-the-fair-credit-reporting-act
Last Updated 08/2019.
Visa, MasterCard, and American Express