Course length: Approximately 20 minutes
Explore the fundamentals of conventional mortgage lending with an overview of conventional loan products, loan programs, and lending guidelines. Review characteristics of adjustable-rate mortgages and how periodic adjustments are calculated. See how Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac fit into conventional mortgage lending, and examine the stages of the loan process.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
• Define the characteristics of conventional loans
• List the key lending guidelines set by the Federal Housing Finance Agency (FHFA)
• Describe the roles of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac in conventional mortgage lending
• Calculate periodic adjustments on an adjustable-rate mortgage
• Summarize the conventional mortgage lending process
More detailed course information is available at: http://elliemae.com/education/courses/clarifying-conventional-mortgage-lending
Last Updated 08/2019.
Visa, MasterCard, and American Express