Course length: Approximately 25 minutes
Providing an overview of the appraisal and valuation process, this course introduces the role of the appraiser, and required qualifications. Students will review what appraisers can and cannot do, and will complete the course with a better understanding of the need for appraiser independence and automated valuation models (AVMs). Examples of fraud as they relate to appraisals and the mortgage industry will also be addressed.
Course objectives include:
• Recognize appraisal licensing and certification agencies
• Identify appraiser qualifications
• Distinguish characteristics of automated valuation models (AVMs)
• Identify appraiser independence requirements
• Define fraud and identify its consequences
More detailed course information is available at: https://www.icemortgagetechnology.com/education/courses/appraisal-procedures
Last Updated 12/2018.
Visa, MasterCard, and American Express
See Terms & Conditions